Wednesday, 10 August 2011
Did you know...Cat Grooming
• Don't pick a kitten or a cat up by the scruff of its neck; only mother cats can do this safely, and only with their kittens.
• Sir Isaac Newton, discoverer of the principles of gravity, also invented the cat door.
• Give your cat a quality scratching post to deter her from scratching your furniture. Still scratching? Try putting lemon scent or orange scent on the area. Cats hate these smells.
• Try hanging an orange or lemon scented air freshener in the inner branches of your Christmas tree, if your cat is a seasonal "climber."
• Cats are more aggressive when they are not neutered or spayed.
• Cats spend 30% of their waking hours grooming themselves.
• Backward-pointing spikes on a cat's tongue aid in their grooming.
• If an overweight cat's "sides" stick out further than her whiskers, she will lose her sense of perception and stability. Don't be surprised if she starts to squeeze into an opening that the rest of her can't fit into, only to back herself back out quickly!
• The easiest way to pick up cat hair? Spray an anti-static spray on the area you want to clean. Wait one minute, then wipe up the hair with a six inch brush.